Monday, August 24, 2015

Cowls Cowls Everywhere


I've been on a huge cowl kick lately.  I stop paying attention for a few minutes and I'm knitting another one.  I think it's because I've been hand dying single skeins of yarn and it's hard for me to find one skein wonder patterns that I really like.  But, I've never met a cowl I didn't like.  

So recently I completed another cowl.  This one is a smocked stitch cowl called Ziyal.  The pattern is here on Ravelry.  This is the first time I've ever done a smocked stitch, and it is fantastic.  It looks really complicated and cable-like, but it is so much simpler and faster than cables.  

I used one hand dyed skein of Patons Classic Wool Worsted kettle dyed with broken Wilton's black icing coloring.  
Look at those pretty stitches!

I've been knitting a lot lately since I've been a little sick.  I hate being sick but it gives me a great reason to be knitting and crocheting as much as possible! :)

Great for hiding cold sores too. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment