Saturday, August 15, 2015

River Deep, Mountain High Cowl

 I recently got back from 6 months in Leipzig, Germany.  It was wonderful, but I was busy all the time.  It's nice to have a little free time, and I've been filling it with knitting.  Here is one of my first projects since I got home.  The pattern I used is here.  I used size 8 straight needles however and seamed it up the back.  There is a visible seam, but for me it's not an issue.  


This is another hand dyed yarn.  It was also Patons Classic Wool worsted.  This is Wiltons broken violet which breaks into this pale blue and purple.  The heathered gradient is a result of the yarn being wound into a cake before being dyed.  To retain a lot of white in the center of the ball of yarn the yarn is not presoaked.  Presoaking helps the dye wick along the yarn and would result in the blue color penetrating deeper into the ball of yarn.   


I love the way these colors turned out!  The gradient turned out a lot stronger than I anticipated.  


This is probably the most interesting yarn I have ever worked with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment